All programs at Kingston Danceforce Studios follow an extensive cleaning and safety protocol to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are adhering to all social distancing and mask guidelines. These protocols may change at any time in accordance with KFL&A Public Health and Provincial/Federal Regulations. For a smooth and safe transition back into the studio, Kingston Danceforce will be adhering to the following health & safety guidelines:
Who can enter the studio?
At this time, only students and staff will be permitted within the building to keep capacity low and ensure we can track everyone who has entered the building and when they have been there (see “proof of vaccination” for list of class exemptions). There will be social distance markers outside for students to wait on before their classes and enter the classroom/front door one at a time. Parents may watch from the windows outside of each studio. Parents with students in pre, mini, and primary classes (ages 0-7) need to stay in the parking lot in case your child needs bathroom assistance. Instructors are NOT permitted to accompany dancers to the washroom.
- Students and staff enter KDF directly from the parking lot entrance of their studio:
- Studio Attitude – front of the building, door 5 entrance
- Studio Piqué – front of the building, main door entrance (this door will only be unlocked to let dancers in/out)
- Studio Jeté – back of the building, door 4 entrance
- Studio Fouetté – back of the building, door 5 entrance
Proof of Vaccination
As Government-mandated, anyone participating in a class at Kingston Danceforce Studios age 18+ must show proof of both COVID-19 vaccinations and ID before class each week. If entering Kingston Danceforce studios for any other reason besides attending a class people age 12+ must show proof of both COVID-19 vaccinations and ID. Unvaccinated people with medical exemptions and people under 12 are exempt from this.
Effective 12:01 am on December 6, 2021, and until further notice, as stated in the letter of instruction KDF Dancers age 12-17 will require proof of vaccination of first dose COVID-19 vaccine and identification or proof of medical exemption and identification. Dancers 18+ still must be fully vaccinated in order to participate in classes.
New KDF Guidelines For Dancers 12+:
All Dancers Age 12+ Starting December 6, 2021, will enter through the front door of Kingston Danceforce Studios. Before entering the studio every dancer/Staff member must complete the KDF Covid Screening tool (http://danceforce.ca/covid-19-kdf-screening-tool/). Upon entry, we ask that dancers please remove their outdoor shoes and place them in the designated area. Once that is complete dancers will sanitize their hands and go to the front desk (window of dance shop/Office) to show proof of vaccination of COVID-19 vaccine and identification or proof of medical exemption and identification. At this time, this must be done every time Dancer 12+ enters the studio.
After a KDF Staff Member has Checked the Dancers proof of vaccination of COVID-19 vaccine and identification or proof of medical exemption and identification, the dancer may proceed to their classroom. A reminder to all dancers that they must sanitize their hands every time they enter the classroom and again after toughing personal belongings.
The Following classes will enter the building through the front main door to scan Proof of Vaccination:
Starlite C (Saturday only)
For the above classes, anyone 18+ who is going to be inside the studio must enter through the front door (a mask must be worn to enter the building on anyone over 2) with your belongings and student(s) if applicable. Once Entering the front door you will stop at the front desk to have your Proof of Vaccination and ID checked by a KDF staff member. This must be done before every class. Then you may go through the waiting area to get to your classroom. As you now have to enter the front door you may also exit through the front door. The waiting area is still closed for anything other than the purpose of getting to your classroom or going to the washroom.
All students and staff MUST sanitize hands upon entry and after their session has been completed. If anyone has to change classrooms, they will sanitize their hands before collecting their belongings and then go to the next room. After placing belongings into their designated area, they will need to sanitize their hands again.
Students will remove shoes/outerwear and personal belongings and place them in the designated areas by the entrance.
We ask that each student keep personal belongings to an absolute minimum.
Teachers may keep their personal belongings with them in their area, and also place their shoes in the designated areas.
- All students and staff MUST wear a mask at all times unless being physically active, quickly drinking water or eating a small snack (no kitchen facilities, appliances or utensils are available at this time)
- Mask must be worn when using the bathroom
Inside and outside spacing of 2-meters:
The use of all available indoor and outdoor spaces is maximized to ensure cohorts remain physically distanced (minimum of 2 metres apart) from one another at all times.
- Outdoor activities, including nutrition breaks, are planned as much as possible (weather and safety permitting).
- Activities, including nutrition breaks, are staggered by cohort to promote physical distancing.
- All campers and staff must remain 2-meters apart with absolutely NO PHYSICAL CONTACT for activities or class time. There will be taped-off squares for each camper to stand in and taped-off lines across the floor to keep everyone at a safe distance. Campers should remain in their designated area until instructed otherwise by camp staff.
Each dancer, staff, and visitor MUST complete our online screening tool for symptoms and relevant exposures to COVID-19 before entering facilities and/or participating in class. Campers or parents/guardians on behalf of their children will complete an online google form each day before entering KDF. This can be found on our website: Kingston Danceforce Screening Tool
Any dancers, staff, or essential visitor who screens positive for symptoms and/or relevant exposures to COVID-19 will be denied entry to camp facilities (or, if needed after arrival at dance, is immediately directed to the isolation area while plans are made to leave safely)
Dancers, staff, and essential visitors will not be permitted on the premises if they answer “yes” to any of the following:
- have symptoms of fever, cough or difficulty breathing
- have had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- have been instructed by local public health authorities to self-isolate due to travel or contact history
- If a student screens positive for symptoms and/or exposures to COVID-19, they are asked to stay at home. Any students/staff who do not pass the screening tool will not be let into the studio.
NO PHYSICAL CONTACT
All students and staff must remain 2 metres with absolutely NO PHYSICAL CONTACT for all choreography and class time. There will be taped-off squares/ place markers for each dancer. Dancers must remain in their designated dance area for the duration of their classes. Students should take their water bottles to their spot, or place them around the outside of the room (the teacher will instruct which is best for their class).
A)Instructors are permitted to make physical contact with students for spotting/physical corrections to ensure safety while dancing IF
i)The instructor is wearing a mask and goggles
ii) Instructor sanitizes hands before touching each student
Ventilation and Cleaning:
- Doors are kept open (weather, safety, and privacy permitting) to increase ventilation.
- Doors will be propped open during drop-off pick-up to decrease having to touch handles to open the door (weather and safety permitting)
- All high-touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected inbetween each class.
- The entire studio will be thoroughly sanitized and cleaned daily.
- The instructor will disinfect the student entrance/exit door with cleaning products provided by the studio between classes before and after drop off/pick up for summer camps.
- All staff must wipe down their area, equipment and any commonly used handles with a disinfectant wipe at the end of their teaching session or after students/campers are finished using them.
- Paper towels are available in washrooms for drying hands and turning off water faucets.
- No-touch garbage cans are available for disposal of paper towels and disinfectant wipes in the washroom and each classroom
- Disinfectant wipes will be provided in each washroom for campers/students/staff to wipe down touched surfaces upon exiting the washroom.
- Equipment (e.g., balls, arts and crafts materials, acro mats, ballet bars) will be divided between cohorts (so they are used by only one cohort at a time) and will be disinfected after each use.
- Students are only permitted to use equipment as instructed by their teacher. All students must sanitize their hands before and after using the equipment. Any touched items must be wiped with a disinfectant wipe after use.
- The instructor will disinfect the student entrance/exit door with cleaning products provided by the studio between classes. All staff must wipe down their area, equipment and any commonly used handles with a disinfectant wipe at the end of their teaching session.
- Washrooms are available for dancers and staff to use. The washroom will be cleaned/disinfected multiple times throughout the day.
- Mask must be worn when using the bathroom, sanitizing hands before and after leaving the classroom. Sanitizing wipes will be located in the bathroom, and each student/staff must wipe down all handles after use.